Sunday, November 18, 2007

A COASTER CREATION FOR BABY GIRL

Baby girls are so adorable. As mentioned in previous posts, I love TAC's baby steps stamp set, and decided to use this stamp set to make a card. As you see, I colored the top pink, thinking it was a bow, only to look at it really well and realize, IT'S A BUTTERFLY. Oh well, I think the pink is cute anyways.

After doing the previous coaster creation, I knew that wouldn't be my last.

Check this one out:
This is the front of the coaster. I'm obviously having problems with rotating the picture.



















This is the back of the coasters.











Shown below are each coaster, with a total of 12 coasters (One for each month of baby's first year). Sorry, but they aren't in order. I'm having a problem with posting the pictures, and my computer is taking forever to download the pictures. In my previous post, I mentioned that I had another one I wanted to do (thanks to Jen; who gave me this idea), but I didn't want to post it until my friend's SURPRISE shower was done. Here it is... I used the SU Special Delivery Girl Scrapbook kit along, with SU Rhinestone brads and buttons, and the Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon. I connected it all together using TAC (The Angel Company) Boot Loopy Brads. These are so cool. I used recycled boards as the coaster, which allowed me to size it bigger than usual. I used the Crop a Dile to punch the holes. These boards I used are thicker than the coaster, so the finished product was a lot heavier than it would've been if I used the coasters. Luckily, the loopy brads along with the floss is tough and it could handle this weight. PHEW!!!














I'm making a couple of boy ones too. They'll be similar to these but no rhinestones will be used.

I think this will be really cute, once the actual pictures are on it. Don't ya think so?








4 comments:

Risa said...

Lori...your baby cards and coasters are "spot-on"! I love the details that you put into your work. Very pretty!
malieta:)

Little C's Creations said...

what a great job you did, girl!!! I bet everyone at that party wished THEY were the one receiving this pretty project of your's. Totally love it - every coaster has a lil' adorable doo-dad added by a touch of you!!!

hugs,
Jen

Maria said...

Such a cute project. I really love your layouts and the colors are so pretty! Great job, Lori!

Maria

Lia said...

great projects you made