Monday, January 21, 2008

Some Sad, and ONE HAPPY card to share

Believe it or not, I've made 4 of the above "With Sympathy" cards and another sympathy card that I made on the run so was unable to take a picture of it. 4 were for friends that have lost their parents before 2007 ended, and had the funerals in the beginning of the year; and 1 was for my husbands friend who passed away "enroute" to the Sugar Bowl. I hope all of these families can find the strength to have a great 2008. My prayers go out to all of them.

Stamp used: SU Wild Rose, SU Brighter Tomorrow
Ink: SU Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Lovely Lilac and Lavender Lace
CS: Lovely Lilac and Lavendar lace, cream
Accessories: Large Oval Spellbinders
This card I made for my aunt who is getting better every day. She has been in and out of the hospital from September. She lives in Kauai, and has been here on Oahu from October. She has been medivac'd from Kauai to Oahu several times between September through October. Her health wasn't looking good. My cousins from Kauai alternated coming here to spend time with her in the hospital. She was not well enough for a heart surgery she needed. Finally, in the middle of November, doctors said she had "NO CHOICE". She had to get the surgery. This was very scary. She survived the surgery. Recovery was another big step. Whenever, she went home from the hospital, couple days later, she was going back in. I think it was in the beginning of December, when she finally was able to show positive signs of continual improvement. She will be going back to Kauai soon, which is a good sign. She was unable to spend Christmas and New Years with her immediate family (all of my cousins and her grandchildren). Being such a family oriented person, I'm sure this was really hard for her. She also has a lot of extended family up there that are praying for a complete recovery.

Just to share her heart and what kind of person she is, when we were struck with Hurricane Iniki, it destroyed Kauai completely. They went on for months without electricity. My aunt opened her restaurant to feed and help the local residents on Kauai. Like all other businesses, they suffered, but she knew everyone was struggling and felt she wanted to make sure no one went hungry. Now, all of that love for her is coming back. During her stay at the hospital, it was so crowded, people were oozing out of her room....I thought we would get in trouble "for real". A lot of Kauai residents that have moved here were there. But when she needed her rest, everyone respected that. However, being surrounded by people is what makes her happy. She loves praying for people who are in need, so I'm sure everyone reciprocated in her time of need. So this card, I made with GREAT HAPPINESS that she is getting better. With this card, I'm giving her a "beautiful fleece blanket" that was made by a fellow angel, Barbara. Thank you Barbara!!..

Stamp: TAC Flowers & Holly & SU (retired) Elegant Greetings
CS: SU So saffron, Certainly Celery
Ink: SU Wild Wasabi; Prismacolor pencil & Gamsol
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon, large rectangle scallop spellbinders.

2 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

very purdy cards, sister.... no forget to share what the Queen Bee makes for you... must be a lovely blanket. Your aunty sounds like an aunty loved by ALL!!! I too will pray for her in getting her health back to par. I can't believe what I read about your husband's friend.... en route to Sugar Bowl... holy crap!!! You'll have to share about this on Saturday, ok?!

Love them nestabilites... so cool to have them at your fingertips, ya?!

hugs,
Jen

Jodie said...

Very nice Lori... I too am stunned that your husband lost a friend enroute to the sugar bow. I too have made so much sympathy cards, that I am always looking for new sympathy stamps and stuff.... I see you are in to spellbinders..... me too, it's jens fault..hee hee see you soon.